Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hotel Transylvania


We missed seeing Hotel Transylvania in theaters, so we did it for Friday Fun the week it was released on DVD, even though it wasn't October.  It is always hard to plan a movie night when I haven't seen the movie.  Luckily this movie is themed enough that it wasn't too hard.

Dinner was based entirely on the characters.  We did Mummy Dogs, Frankenstein's Fries (sweet potatoes roughly cut into fry shape and baked), Blood Juice (cranberry juice), and Big Foot Bait which was cake batter puppy chow

We started out by playing Monsterize Yourself on the movie's website. It looks like that game has been removed, but there is a Hotel Transylvania game

After that I sent the kids upstairs to change into their vampire costumes from Halloween.  When they came down I pretended to be a hotel check-in person (is there a name for that?) and after pretending to check them in on my computer, I handed them a key.  I showed them to their "room" which was just the bean bag in our tv room made up like a bed, and informed them that there would be a monster party in the hotel lobby in five minutes. 

  When they came back to the lobby/my dinning room I played Monster Mash on my laptop and they danced.   Finally they went back to their "room" to watch the movie. 


1 comment:

  1. Carley - you are such a fun mom! I love the Friday Funday idea!

    ReplyDelete