Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mom Fail

Yesterday I had an IEP meeting at the school for Lincoln.  I'm not even going to talk about what a colossal waste of time that was.  As I was walking out of the school I noticed that Savannah's class had made adorable collage Earth's and poems for Earth Day.  I looked around for hers and took a picture with my phone, because she has never brought home the art they hang in the school.  At dinner I was showing Michael, and had the following conversation.

Savannah: That's not mine.
Me: Yes it is, it has your name on it.
Savannah: No, that isn't mine.
Me: It says "Savannah S." right there!
Savannah: Its not mine, I'm Savannah C.

I know that.  I know that my daughter's last name starts with C, and that her best friend is Savannah S.  I just wish I would have realized before I sent the picture to her dad.

I should also point out that even though I no longer have the same last name as my kids, my last name doesn't start with S either.

No comments:

Post a Comment